There are different ways to crossbreed. Different situations require different variations, which is why it is important to be able to perform more than one variation of the cross dribble.
Once you can perform these variations of the crossover, you will be a force to reckon with whenever you have the basketball in your hands.
1. Simple crossover This is the simple cross dribble, but it can be very effective depending on the situation in which you use it. To perform this movement, you simply need to cross the ball from side to side. Nothing fancy about this move, you just want to pass the ball from one hand to the other.
2. Fast crossover- It’s the same as the simple crossover, except you want to do it as fast as possible in order to catch your defender off guard. This movement is really effective when you are moving with the basketball and want to pass a defender who is in front of you.
3. Killer Crossover- This cross move is used when you want to reach for the basket and you are up against a tough defender. To perform this move all you need to do is add shoulder, foot and head shakes when doing a crossover so as to trick your defender into thinking you are going one way as you go. actually the other way around. So if you had the basketball in your right hand you would do a shoulder, head and foot scythe that would make your defender think you are going to the right, then you would cross the ball to your left hand and drive. to the left.
4. Crossover between the legs This variation of the crossover brings together two movements to create one great movement. To perform this movement, you would dribble the basketball between your right leg, then cross the ball in front of you towards your left hand. You can also do this by dribbling the basketball between your left leg and then crossing it in your right hand.
5. Double crossing It’s a move you can use to really make a difference on your defenders. Instead of performing a cross dribble, you can perform two consecutive cross dribbles to pass the defense.
These are five variations of the crossover that you can add to your arsenal of offensive moves. Using the simple crossover move itself is very effective, but just imagine how much damage you can do to defense with five variations of the same move.
Use these moves to take your game to the next level, but don’t stop there. There are tons of other moves you can start using today to crush your competition.